ESCORTED GROUP TOUR
7 Days - 6 Nights
Choice of 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Guaranteed Departures with 2 passengers
March 21-28, 2010
April 04-11-18-25, 2010
May 02-09-16-23-30, 2010
June 06-13-20-27, 2010
July 04-11-18-25, 2010
August 01-08-15-22-29, 2010
September 05-12-19-26, 2010
October 03-10-17-24-31, 2010
Summer 2010 - 3 star hotels
April 01-08-15-22, 2010
May 06-13-20-27, 2010
June 03-10-17-24, 2010
July 01-08-15-22-29, 2010
August 05-12-19-26, 2010
September 02-09-16-23-30, 2010
October 07-14-21, 2010
Arrival at Rome Airport and private transfer to the Hotel. Rest of day at leisure and overnight.
Day 2 Monday ROME
Breakfast at hotel. Morning at leisure. In the afternoon pick up at hotel for regular city tour of Ancient Rome. Overnight.
Day 3 Tuesday ROME - ASSISI - SIENA - FLORENCE
Early morning departure for ASSISI, the mystic town of Saint Francis still surrounded by its ancient walls. Visit the Basilica of Saint Francis with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. Proceed to SIENA, the beautiful medieval city famous for the Palio Horse Race. Continue to FLORENCE. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 Wednesday FLORENCE
Buffet breakfast. Guided sightseeing tour of the cradle of the Renaissance. Visit the beautiful Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry of St. John, the Academy of Fine Arts Gallery housing Michelangelo's "David" and Santa Croce, the 13th century Franciscan church containing Cimabue's famous crucifix. In the afternoon free time for shopping. We suggest a regular tour to Pisa. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Thursday FLORENCE – PADUA - VENICE
Buffet breakfast. Departure for Venice via Padua, where you will visit the famous Cathedral of St. Anthony, guarded by Donatello’s Gattamelata. Continue to Venice and upon arrival enjoy a guided walking tour of this unique city. You will see the Piazza and Basilica of St. Mark, the Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Prisons. Then visit a glass factory to see glass moulding in action. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 6 Friday VENICE - ROME
Day 7 Saturday ROME
Morning at leisure.We suggest the city tour 'Monuments of Rome'. Private transfer to Rome Airport and departure.
EXCITING HIGHLIGHTS DAY BY DAY
* Assisi: View of the Churches of St. Francis and St. Claire
* Florence: Visit to the Accademia, home of Michelangelo's "David"
* Padua: see Donatello's masterpiece, the Gattamelata
* Venice: Visit the famous St. Mark's Square and the Bridge of Sighs
SCENIC DRIVES ALONG THE WAY
* The beautiful Highway of the Sun
* The Tuscan countryside and its medieval towns
* The lovely Emilia Romagna region
* The Veneto region, world famous for the Villa of Palladio
* Accommodation at centrally located 3/4 Star hotels
* Daily continental breakfast
* Three dinners
* Service charges and taxes included
* Private transfers to/from Rome airport
* Ground transportation by deluxe motorcoach
* Tour Escort during the tour from day 3 to day 6*
* Sightseeing tours as indicated in the itinerary
* Local guides and entrance fees
Our Choice Hotels of 4 star hotels:
In Rome: hotel Commodore**** or
*Itinerary varies for dates of 3-Star hotels